- "Keep your hands off my butter!”
- “If she wants to make money off her cooking she should be a role model or give up the spotlight.”
- "I make my own personal choices on what I eat . . . regardless of her recipes . . . I think she is entertaining but would never make her recipes for my own consumption.”
- "She needs to be totally honest with herself and her fans. She needs to let people know that for most people diabetes is preventable and her diet caused this."
- "She is an entertainer, not a role model.”
Beth Kitchin, PhD, RD
Assistant Professor, Nutrition Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham